Tuesday 14 February 2012

twist and shout



I'm sure everybody's news feeds and timelines are full of declarations of love and photos and bunches of flowers so I won't bore you with any of that. Yesterday I spent about 4/5 hours in the kitchen making my boyfriend about 25 cupcakes (why so many?!!). I separated eggs, creamed mixtures together, melted chocolate, whisked egg whites (really impressed by this one), smashed two bowls, got flour all over myself and ate icing until I felt sick. Thought I'd share with you a few photos and a much easier chocolate cupcake recipe (here!) than the one I used. I topped them all off with a square of turkish delight as that is my boyfriends absolute favourite, but they would work for anyone topped off with their own favourite, I think malteasers would be a good one! Have a good day whatever you're doing! Also check out my millions of ebay listings if you're after some bargains or pattern cutting books for cheap, here.

LUCILLEX

18 comments:

  1. Ohhh they look and sound so yummy. Turkish delight is one of my favourites.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so incredible delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhh!!! want it now!
    I checked your blog and I like it!
    Visit my blog and if u want we can follow each other!
    Have a wonderful day!
    www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bf is very lucky, they look gorgeous!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww thats so sweet! great photos, they look delicious!

    www.the-ant-ler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those are adorable! Those look like so much fun to make!

    Jessica | Vixenelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. so yummy

    stop on my blog ,maybe you like it

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM!!!!

    http://janewithlouise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so great! love these :)

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh I'm practically drooling now haha, hope you had a fab valentine's lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had a sister like you who make tons of choco cupcakes for me! HAHAHAHA :D

    CROP.CRIP.CROP

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow these look so yummy! I want chocolate now!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm these look delicious! It's so hard not to feel sick after making cakes, the mixture is too tempting not to eat!

    Stephanie
    ma-bicyclette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments!