Tuesday 29 May 2012

3 Steps


My skin hasn't been itself recently and I've been noticing a lot of blocked pores and, not spots, but little red bumps on my cheeks particularly (nice). It was making me a little grumpy and instead of experimenting or potentially making the problem worse, I decided to go a little bit old school and invest in the 3 step skin care system from Clinique. I like the idea of having 3 products, matched to your skin type by a consultant to use day and night. I was told I was skin type two which is dry/combination skin, it was a bit pricey and all three cost me £58 from Debenhams. The first step is to cleanse your face with a foaming face wash. You then use the exfoliant to remove dead skin cells with a cotton pad and finally moisturise. It's pretty straight forward to use and doesn't take a great deal of time or effort which is a big plus for me!


I've been using the system for about a month now and I can honestly say that it has dramatically improved the condition of my skin. My pores have virtually disappeared where before I found them very noticeable, my mum even said so the other day! I rarely get a spot and if I do it's nothing that can't be covered. I struggle with dry patches sometimes, particularly around my nose, and the dramatically different moisturiser seems to have combated this and left me with my softer, more even skin. It was the most expensive of the lot though at about £28 so I would expect good things really! I have used about 1/5th of the products, if that, so they definitely last a long time and appear to be good value. All in all I'm very pleased with my skincare and would probably repurchase when I run out as I know it works well for me. There's still a way to go before I can call my skin perfect but Clinique has been a step in the right direction. 


Have you tried any Clinique skin care? What do you think?


LUCILLEX

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've found Clinique - I have used Clinique for years and no other brand really compares! I love the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and I used a Clinique face wash too. Their make-up is also very good, last Summer I invested in their what was then new tinted moisturizer, and it is the best non-foundation foundation I have ever used :) although I have recently replaced it with Garnier's BB Cream, which is less than half the price and just as good! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Clinique stuff, I have the blemish stuff at the moment but I'm definitely considering going and getting matched to a more gentle routine for eveyrday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clinque is spot on (no pun intended). While the dramatically different moisturizer is great – it is pricey as stated – I have found that the Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream is a good cheaper alternative that also moisturize the areas that need it most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. iv been trying this moisturiser .... not sure what i think of it yet

    http://keightsbeautyandfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments!