Wednesday 7 September 2011




Dress: Darling, Belt: Primark?, Necklace: Miss Selfridge

I'm really struggling with outfit photos for a number of reasons. I can't seem to find an appropriate place, I don't have a tripod yet, there's always people in and out of my family home and actually, I still haven't quite got to grips with my camera. I'm hoping that when I get to uni and purchase a tripod that a few of these troubles will fall into place and that one of my housemates will be able to point me in the right direction with my camera, we are arts students after all?! So to make do tonight, after a couple of hours of failed attempts, photobooth stepped in to give you a couple of images to grimace at this evening. Even the colour on that was looking odd, so I've gone for an ultimate fail in black and white. Tomorrow I'm going to Bath and I'm hoping my boyfriend might step up and take at least a half decent photo of me, but we will see! 


Anyone got any good advice for outfit photos? What would you say are the most important things to get right and to focus on? I will persevere though, and ultimately I'm sure I'll find a way that will suit me, bare with the noob until then. I do apologise for such a half hearted post tonight, I'm trying to keep up with posting every day while I get into the habit of it. It is time consuming, but it's worth it to see it pay off. Is it good that I post daily or would it be better for me to leave out some of the less interesting and lesser quality posts?

 LUCILLEX  

3 comments:

  1. Hm. my tip is to go outside and capture some great light and use a nice background :D
    I can see that you have a cool style, so I'll look forward to photos with better quality !!
    Nice blog :)
    xx

    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, natural lighting works best, so take pics outside or open up all your windows! You can also use photo booth or free software like picas to edit. Keep at it. Can't wait to see the results!

    Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this dress looks so pretty! Love it with your waist belt.

    Yeah I agree about outdoors photos generally being really good quality, natural light is always much nicer than a flash I find. Look forward to seeing moer of your blog! x

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments!